I know some of you may think that working out has little to nothing to do with voice over and promo marketing, but oh man. You’re so wrong. I use my body in the booth all the time, and part of promoting health products or liquor is looking good.
Anyways, I’m going on vacation, so I have challenged myself to workout EXTRA hard before I go. I will still get exercise while at the beach but not like I do at home, so my theory is I can burn out a little before going and treat the vacation as a recovery week with light exercise.
Recently, my desktop computer died, and with it went my workouts I use most. NOOOOOOO! Until we fix the compy or extract the data, I’ve had to find new ways to break a sweat, and YouTube suggested a channel to me that I absolutely love called Fitness Blender! So without further ado, I will do a review!
Fitness Blender is a site created by a delightfully adorable and fit couple, Daniel and Kelli. They are both personal trainers who believe fitness should be accessible to everyone, regardless of their income. They provide fitness tips and free workouts, and they pay for this through donations and a handful of reasonably priced premium programs.
What I Like About It
- I can search via their site for the workout I want/need that day based on all kinds of things, from calories burned to workout length to type of workout or body focus.
- It’s Free! All you need is Youtube. I personally connect my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable, and it feels like any workout video I’ve ever used.
- It’s simple. Even the most difficult workouts are broken down and explained easily.
- There are often modifications to make things easier or harder, so no matter your fitness level, you can break an effective sweat.
- There is decent variety in kinds of workouts.
What I don’t Like About It
- There is no music. Some peeps complain about it, but I personally don’t mind because it feels kinda zen and focused. Besides, you can always add your own tunes.
- There is a LOT of traditional HIIT (high intensity interval training). Just thought you tabata know (Get it? Tabata? You oughta? Whatever. I thought it was a good one.)
- I get bored easily, so even though Fitness Blender has decent variety, I would love to see even more alternative workout types and ways to mix-up repetition within some of the videos.
Would I Recommend it?
Heck yes I would! I see (and feel) my body getting stronger because of this site. I have improved my form more with this program than any other I tried, and you can easily do these workouts from home on little to no budget. It’s a lovely concept. And hell, I just like Daniel and Kelli, especially when they work out together and joke around. They just seem like good people. Go to FitnessBlender.com or go directly to their Youtube Channel and see for yourself.