Last week, I lived without internet. IT WAS AWFUL! You don’t really know how much you depend on the internet until you don’t have it, especially if you work from home. It really messed with my workflow, and while I was stressing, I fantasized about what my ideal workday would be like. To celebrate the homecoming of my interwwebz, I will share my ideal workday with you!
- I wake up, not too early or late, and I jump out of bed feeling really freaking motivated.
- I check my email while drinking my morning detox water. Are there any pressing matters I must tend to immediately? Nope, because it is an ideal workday, and stuff like that will wait until I’m ready to do it.
- Workout! Working out is the ultimate body warmup, right? I will want to exercise, burn a bunch of calories and enjoy it, dammit!
- Shower time! Nothing like a steamy shower to clear my throat and sinuses, and I love to do my vocal warmups while in the shower. I’ll sing an epic song as well.
Now it’s time to recheck that email and pick out my auditions over a nice cup of coffee with almond milk. Any of those pressing matters previously mentioned will emerge now, and they will be high paying jobs that are super-duper fun! All the auditions I pick will be expensive and right up my alley. I’m so pumped!! Let’s do this!!!
- TIME TO RECORD! I will nail every audition in one or two takes. It will be magical! And I will get all my work done in a similar manner.
- Time to edit over lunch/breakfast. The recordings will be so clean and pristine that I can edit hella fast.
- I’ll submit all my auditions and work and invoices and be all done by the afternoon. I celebrate my success with some kind of treat, like a beer or video games or a nap, before researching more opportunities and getting ready to cook dinner. Hell, I might even do some chores. Good day. Good day indeed.