Hi, All. I was waiting until after my birthday and Easter to write a poem, but inspiration still hasn’t struck. I know in the real world I would have to come-up with something fabulous regardless, but in Prentice’s world, I do what I want. So, for my 27th birthday, I will give myself a break and write about ponies instead of poetry.
First off, I have to give a “SQUEE,” and a Shout Out to my friend David for giving me all the McDonalds MLP:FIM toys. Even better and in the spirit of Prentice, he didn’t pay for them. Nope. While on vacation in Vegas, he saw a guy taking down the pony display at McDonalds and took it off the employee’s hands. David wanted to bring the whole display to me, but alas. It did not fit in his luggage. Still, his thoughtfulness and resourcefulness totally made my day! Now my collection is complete, and my kitchen and key rack has a very classy (and magical) pony motif.
Speaking of ponies and being uninspired, I will at least write in the spirit of my new segments on gaming and introduce you to a marriage of internet games, ponies and being brain dead: Pony Vs Pony – Battle is Magic!
Pony Vs Pony is undoubtedly the easiest and most pointless game I play, and I can’t stop. I wish it existed when I worked at the cosmetics company. My life would have been exponentially better. Basically, you get to customize your own adorable pony, and you then battle other ponies by way of a watered-down, drag and click version of Bejeweled. You do damage, cast magic or defend by connecting four or more pink, blue or yellow orbs. Then you can earn experience points and Sparkle Gems (Pony Vs Pony currency) to buy more awesome crap for your pony!
What I Like About This Game
- The theme song is catchy, and the in-game music is soothing.
- The graphics are super colorful and cute.
- Game play is mind-numbingly easy and great to zone-out to.
- There are lots of pony puns!
- Each battle is brief, perfect for discrete gaming and multi-tasking (you can switch tabs without ruining your game).
- I like to battle ponies and play Words With Friends simultaneously (I battle during the ads between WWF turns)
- Umm…there’s kitties and ponies. Duh. Of course I love it.
What I Don’t Like About This Game
- Grinding levels is grueling. For instance, Dainty Rainbow Sprinkles needs 4096 Exp to level-up but only gets 16 points per battle. It takes forever.
- Sometimes the flash program starts to lag, thus screwing-up my battle mojo!
- I wish some of the items gave bonuses. All the pets have abilities and bonus spells, but the descriptions are minimal (sometimes there are none at all).
- The game is supposed to have a direct, head-to-head battle mode and adventure mode someday, and I’m ready for it!
The creator of this game expected Pony Vs Pony to be a little side project with a small handful of players, but he was not aware of the Brony Phenomenon. Bronies made this game super popular, and I hope the company will update the game soon with adventure mode and the ability to battle your friends directly!