If any of you know me, you know that I’m ALWAYS looking for more work. I’ve always had at least two jobs since I was in college, and I like to collect any potential opportunities to success like pokemon. Skitty? Charizard? Magikarp? I don’t care. I gotta catch ’em all to be a career master. You never know when you may be able to evolve that crappy fish pokemon job into a Gyarados of a gig.
I mean, why have just one, high paying job when you can have 32 lesser ones like Uncle Rukus? Don’t put yo eggs all in one basket…unless it’s a sweet-ass basket. Then you should stop while you’re ahead and enjoy that wicker paradise.
So here is a list of all the doors my feet are shoved in right now:
1. Studio Assistant at an Acting Studio
2. Freelance Voice Over Talent
3. Writer & Social Media Admin for Gay Card Company (Like, cards for gay people. The cards are not gay as in lame. Gay as in gay. There’s a link in my sidebar. Check it out!)
4. Contributing Writer for Memini (I need to do more of these. Finished one today!)
5. Promotional Model for Marketing Company
6. Starting to do a Little Training to Record Auditions
7. Volunteer Voice Talent for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Abridged (That’s slow going, but at least my lines and recordings of Rarity are spot-on.)
8. Novelist and Children’s Book Writer (I think I’m at 20+ rejections for my books, and I’m about to finally write that receptionist book I keep telling myself I’m going to do.)
Only eight? I’m getting lazy. I definitely need more work, but unfortunately for the cheap-ass world, I can no longer take-on free work. Okay, I would do favors for friends, but no more free jobs for people I don’t know. I’ve paid my dues writing free blogs and doing a six month, unpaid internship. I think more writing jobs and maybe a second part-time should do it. I would LOVE to finally get some regular voice over work. I’ll do whatever it takes to someday get a job that qualifies me to be a Pokemon Master!